General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
ebranden
    Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm

I've been looking at the Eastwood Model 175 Mig Welding Kit. It comes with Auto-Darkening Helmet, welding cart, and 175 Mig welder, under 600 dollars! Has anyone bought, or used one of these Mig Machines, to give an opinion. Also what do you think of their service dept, for after sales help, if needed??????? Thanks much in advance...........................Brandy
ebranden
    Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Yeah! I fogot to add, that I'm a newby, 65 years old, and trying to get into a local welding school, and been looking over Lincoln, Hobart, and Miller equiptment. This Eastwood 175 kit also comes with an Aluminum spool welder that I forgot to mention! I was hoping that someone on this great forum, has tried out, or bought one of these seemingly to be, fine machines!.....Thanks again for any remarks, Pos/or Neg..........................................Brandy
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi there,

Try this,

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... 27l2-1l1l0

The Eastwood channel will be biased of course, although there are usually some videos from independent people trying out various equipment. Forgive me if You Tube is not your thing..... ....I am kind of addicted.

Mick