General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.

tried to go to their website and ended up at toilets.com :lol: :lol: :lol:
snip_20190306195802.jpg
snip_20190306195802.jpg (17.33 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
Richard
Website
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Don’t know that site, but this is where I shop https://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/

I shop at IOC as well, the new issue of the weld journal came with a flyer for the other site, thought I check them out, instead I landed on a page of porta potties :o
Richard
Website
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Ha ha - like no ones ever clicked on something on the internet & found not quite what they expected ! usual procedure is blame your " mate " must have been using your computer & learn to delete browser history ! - but if you do go looking at potties the " squatty Potty " is much funnier & has unicorns in the advert ! though the Unicorn Gold advert beats it for laughs.
cj737

noddybrian wrote:Ha ha - like no ones ever clicked on something on the internet & found not quite what they expected ! usual procedure is blame your " mate " must have been using your computer & learn to delete browser history ! - but if you do go looking at potties the " squatty Potty " is much funnier & has unicorns in the advert ! though the Unicorn Gold advert beats it for laughs.
Back when Clinton was president, there was a site www.whitehouse.com that was, shall we say, adult-oriented. Many mistakenly chose this domain by default in lieu of Whitehouse.gov. Oddly, with Bill's philandering, seems either site was riddled with questionable content :D ;) :lol:
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

I see - so your " mate " was borrowing your computer & " accidentally " found this I take it & told you about it ? !!!
cj737

noddybrian wrote:I see - so your " mate " was borrowing your computer & " accidentally " found this I take it & told you about it ? !!!
No, but that's a common explanation. I was informed of this professionally. Let's just leave it at that 8-)
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

I found that site myself, by accident, while on a government computer...

That browser was quickly closed...
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.
snowmanalan
    Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:17 pm

I used to work in the marine industry for a Dutch company that manufactured propulsion equipment, bow thrusters, CP wheels, etc. The company was "Lips Propellers". Try googling Lips and see what you come up with! :lol: Lips is a pretty common Dutch surname.
Greg_E
    Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:43 am

Be careful with the C P abbreviation of anything, apparently is it commonly used in the child trafficking industry. Had a youtuber that I follow get shut down because he used it to abbreviate cross-plane crankshaft used in a Yamaha motorcycle engine. He eventually got his channel back up and the video restored, but they took little time is shutting everything down. I'll leave it to you guys to research exactly what the abbreviation is used for, I don't want to get associated with it through a search to show you.