General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

They're baaaaaaaaaaack!
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Yeah mate, I' ve cleaned up twice today. Their software must search for those pass word sign ins and jump on to them.

Mick
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

Anyway, a special thanks go out to the moderators on this forum.

While the legitimate folks on here probably don't need much herding, the spam factories are a nightmare. Hope you can work it out.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I appreciate that, GWD,

And you're right. 95% of moderating this forum is dealing with spam, and 4.99% is moving misplaced topics and posts.

Since Mick and I became moderators, I've only dealt with one attitude issue, and his issue was with me, personally. I actually took no action as a moderator, but challenged him on the forum on his own rigid ethics and the moral code he would try to impose on the world around him (he was offended I used a naughty word). He voluntarily left. I was disappointed, as I like debates like that, and I would have liked to see the completion of the project he was sharing.

Steve S

reddtigger wrote:The Yellow on the main page is a little bright and difficult on my aging eyes.. but other then that I looks well laid out.
At the top right of the front page, see the tab "options". You can change the background colors there, with several choices.

Steve S

hey,

I have to agree with steve, i dont think ive meet any undesirables here. Its the complete polar opposite of another Facebook page i am an admin on, where we constantly have to wade though piles of human filth in order to find useful and thoughtful info. I even had a stalker out of it....
mick

Mick,

I had a wannabe stalker (mostly troll) on IPR. He actually treatened me.

That came to a quick halt when I posted a pic of him and his girlfriend standing on the steps of his New York City brownstone walk-up. :lol:

I bet he never did figure out how I found that pic... Asses like that tend to leave a big internet footprint.

Steve S

Hey,

Mine was a needy woman, never anything but nice but just clingy to the point i had 2 or 3 huge facebook msgs per day. And it was total drama, about bad exes and abuse and stuff. It just freaked me out as she came across as totally delusional . Good thing about facebook, unfriend amd block. (and she wasnt even good looking)

sorry for hijack.

Mick

Otto Nobedder wrote:At my suggestion, "Captcha" was added to the "join" page.

That was apparently a mistake, as it seems "Captcha" has been hacked. The spam went up significantly right after.

I've let the admins know. While I've not heard back, it seems at first glance steps have been taken since I didn't spend my first 15 minutes this afternoon cleaning turds from our yard. Unless that was you, Mick...

Steve S
Just wanted to let everyone know that spam is being worked on as I type this. We're experimenting with some new spam countermeasures and we've found a few that should cut down on it significantly.
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

TamJeff wrote:Yellow? I've been trying to like the new look but it seems more like a product label than a forum. A little too sterile for my preference. After welding aluminum all day, I find myself straining to see it.
Either you have changed/completed something or I have gotten used to it, but it's all good here these days.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.

Hey,

Most mornings, me and otto spend about 15mins to half, banning spammers and deleting their crap. Common ones are kitchen cabinets and shoes. only about 5 at a time so we are lucky i have heard they can do thousands at a time.

Mick

weldin mike 27 wrote:Hey,

Most mornings, me and otto spend about 15mins to half, banning spammers and deleting their crap. Common ones are kitchen cabinets and shoes. only about 5 at a time so we are lucky i have heard they can do thousands at a time.

Mick
I just enabled a new spam countermeasure that should cut down on that 15 minutes quite a bit. Just shoot me a message if the problem persists. There are plenty of other things we can do.

Thanks everybody for being vigilant as we wade through the spam storm. We really appreciate it. :D

no worries guys