General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
TannerRay
    Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:23 pm

I've been in the industry for a little while. I'm 18 now, but I've grown up with a dad doing this and I've had my hand in it for about 8 or 9 years now. I need some reviews on some machines. I'm looking at a Lincoln R3R-400 and a Lincoln Tig 250/250. Now, I've welded with all sorts of different machines, but I don't recall spending much time on these two. I'm looking at using one of these, or (if I can get the prices right) both of these, to kick start a business in baby steps. What is your personal opinion on these two machines?

Thanks for the time, and whatever advice you've got.

Tanner Ray
Analyze, Adapt, and Overcome.
michaelkylelaney

miller has a 3 in one welder. http://www.millerwelds.com/products/mul ... del=M00361 it is a little pricy but it is a good welder
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm a big fan of the Lincoln products. Their latest stuff does amazing things, and they have always been a benchmark for quality.

I will not knock Miller here, as the anecdotal evidence suggests their customer support is a rare jewel among tool makers.

If you want real information on the particular machines you are asking about, without reading "glossy"s, send this guy an e-mail:

David_Watson@lincolnelectric.com

He's in their marketing department in Exeter, PA. Hell of a nice guy.

Good luck,

Steve