General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

I've enjoyed these Tillman gloves for a couple years, I think its been. They don and doff quickly, and hold up pretty well.
ShrinkingFingers.jpg
ShrinkingFingers.jpg (22.39 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
But I've concluded that I wasn't hallucinating about the left hand fingers shrinking on me as much as they have, after I finally broke out a new pair. I mean, that pinky is down to about 1". Ha, ha, ha...
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone
www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast AC/DC 210EXT (2015)
CAT250D DC-TIG/Plasma Combo
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Yep heat will do that to glove material. I assume you feed with your left hand so you only is close to the puddle. And of course grabbing that hot peice of material with those glove never works out good for any glove.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Yeah,

Years ago I'd have heavier gloves that shrank pretty quickly around Oxy torches and Stick welding.

But with dainty stuff I do now, and with these loose fitting gloves, I was a little surprised how the filler hand glove shrank the most.
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:52 am

Just think, if glove mfgs would sell LH only gloves how many fewer pairs of welding glove they would sell.
-Jon

I learned how to weld at night, but not last night. (despite how my weld looks)

Lincoln Viking 3350 K3034-2&3
Dynasty 210DX w/cps and coolmate3
Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

maker of things wrote:Just think, if glove mfgs would sell LH only gloves how many fewer pairs of welding glove they would sell.
You could start selling just LH gloves and put Airgas out of bussiness :lol:
if there's a welder, there's a way

You know,

I was just talking to a neighbor and telling him about a former girlfriend of mine with one breast quite a bit larger than the other, not that I minded, of course. He told me his ex-wife was that way too. He then went on to say how one of his shoe sizes was a half-size different than the other, and how he would often try to have a shoe salesperson bring him enough boxes that he could switch shoes around, without their awareness, so he could have two different size shoes with one purchase.
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone