General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Mike59
    Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:58 pm

Hey folks, I was given an old Victor torch head, unfortunately the body didn't come with it. I'm hoping to use it some day, but I was wondering if anyone here may be able to tell me the date/year it was made. It is a full size torch head with a metal tag that has NO. L-197779. Below that is MOD 2450. It is all brass, including the handle. Thanks.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Mike59 wrote:Hey folks, I was given an old Victor torch head, unfortunately the body didn't come with it. I'm hoping to use it some day, but I was wondering if anyone here may be able to tell me the date/year it was made. It is a full size torch head with a metal tag that has NO. L-197779. Below that is MOD 2450. It is all brass, including the handle. Thanks.
Hey Mike...welcome aboard. You can find OA setups, bottles, carts and all for dirt cheap on Craigslist so I wouldn't sweat trying to match up components for a torch head. Just my 2 cts
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Mike59
    Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:58 pm

OK thanks, I'll be on the lookout for that in the future. So does anyone know a site that would provide me with information like a database for model numbers/year of build on this torch? This thing just looks old. Would like to know. Thanks.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm