General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
penca
    Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:05 pm

hi guys, don`t know where to post this, so if anyone is watching and want to move or remove will be fine by me
i`ve seen lately that other people on yt are using in the title the phrase welding tips and tricks or tig tips and tricks, seems like a really asshole move on their part but i wonder if they have permission or if the name isn`t registered or trade marked... ?
i was briefly on the fb group but man they are making a disservice for this forum.

as i said sorry for posting here, didn`t know where
regards
pete
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

There is a facebook forum called, "Welding Tips and Tricks," that was begun by one of the moderator team on Jody's official forum. This one has permission to exist.

There is, of course, www.forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com, the official forum.

I'm not aware of any other licensed/approved forums.

Steve S
penca
    Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:05 pm

thanks for the reply steve

i was saying about the youtube "scene".

i just don`t think it`s fair game for others to use in the title of the video the handle jody collier has been building for so long.

sorry if my comment on the fb group upsets someone. it is what i saw and think about it

regards

pete
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

penca wrote:thanks for the reply steve

i was saying about the youtube "scene".

i just don`t think it`s fair game for others to use in the title of the video the handle jody collier has been building for so long.

sorry if my comment on the fb group upsets someone. it is what i saw and think about it

regards

pete
We all comment on how much more well behaved people are on the forum (here, obviously) than the Facebook page. I'd you ask on the FB page though, I would say 1 in 15-20 realize theres an actual forum, and for that, I am glad. As Steve stated, the Facebook page was started by Mick (weldin Mike 27) with Jody's permission.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
Tom Osselton
    Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:33 am

I'd not worry about it its a title verses a website there isn't that many ways to say welding tips and tricks and if they follow welding like that they will know its not Jody, now if they started a site I'd pursue it further.