General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

OMG, a teeny tiny butt welder with moveable and stationary platen the whole nine yards lol. Looks like the weld upset was maybe 0.0625. I would like that guy if he wasn't Canadian eh? Nothing personal Canucks, my second ex-wife is from Niagara Falls, Ontario side but deserves the Buffalo side. Oh, wait say's he is from Quebec....Hell you Canadian guys don't like him either. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I AM JOKING GUYS, JOKES, JUST JOKES except for the Buffalo reference :o
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla
motomarty22
    Thu May 19, 2016 7:06 pm

How do you remove the factory bumper on the saw. I'm having trouble finding any information on how to do it.
DennisCA
    Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:58 am

Ordered this one last night, european version, 230V / 1100 watts.
DennisCA

DLewis0289 wrote:Well, actually you can, but I wouldn't unless it is an emergency of some sort, just when you are done heat to a dull red and let cool, then pray. Silver solder/braze is the accepted method.
Perhaps I should try and TIG braze the blade the next time it breaks on my wood cutting bandsaw, the blades are rather long and i have to buy them from the UK, 175" or 4.45 meters.
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

DennisCA wrote:
DLewis0289 wrote:Well, actually you can, but I wouldn't unless it is an emergency of some sort, just when you are done heat to a dull red and let cool, then pray. Silver solder/braze is the accepted method.
Perhaps I should try and TIG braze the blade the next time it breaks on my wood cutting bandsaw, the blades are rather long and i have to buy them from the UK, 175" or 4.45 meters.
I just watched a video about welding bandsaw blades. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBwr3oPJHcs
Apparently there is a bit to do about annealing the weld area and the blade, but it can be done successfully.
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.

hey_allen wrote: I just watched a video about welding bandsaw blades. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBwr3oPJHcs
Apparently there is a bit to do about annealing the weld area and the blade, but it can be done successfully.
I like his videos, lot of good information on his site
Richard
Website
DennisCA

Nicest portaband table I ever did see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2uWx7xl1go
Marshalsmith26
    Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:21 pm

When I first got out of High School I worked for DoAll in the band saw blade room down in Houston. We cut bulk blade to size and I ran the sharpening facility. I still remember the 1 week old Wells Lamont leather gloves that were trashed at the end of the week. Many of the blades, especially in the sharpening room, were 20' plus long and 2 5/8" wide. Anyways, if you are having to order blades from overseas might be worth checking with DoAll or another local supplier. They can sell any type blade and custom fit length wise. If they're expensive metal blades the set can be put back in and then sharpened.
DennisCA

If were referring to me then I'm in Finland so the UK isn't that far off. There's a swedish place too that makes custom blades that's closer to me. Probably french and german places too if I knew the languages well enough to google it.

Got my portaband delivered this week and used it to cut some 12mm or half inch steel. I love it. The lack of grinding wheel dust is a big plus.
DennisCA

I have a question to fellow milwaukee owners of the same model I got:
Is the cutting support sloppy on your saws or is it solid?

The support on this saw slides back & forth and the fit sideways is kinda sloppy. It seems like it's meant to be that way, but I don't like it...