General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Nome27
    Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:45 pm

Hello, I am going to be purchasing a TIG welder in the near future as the demand for some work has been poping up. A lot of the work will be stainless and aluminum. Most of the work will be in nearby boat yards welding on things such as stainless handrails and brackets and aluminum masts and brackets and etc, some of it will involve fabrication the rest will be fixes. I live near New York City so generally welders make earn more money in this area. For this work my machine and I will be mobile. I would like to get an idea of what I should charge, I don't want to overcharge but I certainly do not want to undercharge. I would just like to get an idea of what a good rate would be for a mobile TIG welder or any methods anybody uses to determine a price for their labor. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, Thank You
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

I'm currently at $100/hr for field work which is pretty much the going rate in my area (southcentral Alaska).
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Same here in Iowa.
100$ Union or non Union.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Nome27 wrote:Hello, I am going to be purchasing a TIG welder in the near future as the demand for some work has been poping up. A lot of the work will be stainless and aluminum. Most of the work will be in nearby boat yards welding on things such as stainless handrails and brackets and aluminum masts and brackets and etc, some of it will involve fabrication the rest will be fixes. I live near New York City so generally welders make earn more money in this area. For this work my machine and I will be mobile. I would like to get an idea of what I should charge, I don't want to overcharge but I certainly do not want to undercharge. I would just like to get an idea of what a good rate would be for a mobile TIG welder or any methods anybody uses to determine a price for their labor. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, Thank You
Think about serious insurance.

$1M minimum, $5M suggested.

Cover your azz....

Steve S