General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Bagus
    Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:43 am

Hey guys!

Haven't used my helmet for a few weeks, went to use it last night and got flashed! Ah my favourite!
Assumed the battery was gone so replaced it today and still nothing. Hit the reset button which turns it on and the screen normally flashes on and off twice. But if I do it now it will flash once and barley flashes on the 2nd flash.
My model is the custom 64 (blue with the pinstripes) digital performance series. Of course this happens when I have several last minute jobs before Xmas grrr!

Any one had similar experiences?

Ben.
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

Similar yep.
First check the voltage of the replacement batteries should be near 3.6V, if they arent try some new ones again, rince and repeat. If that doesnt work,
Take the protective clear inner and outer covers off and have a good look at the screen on both sides for any obvious corrosion, delamination, discolouring, damage etc
Also check the sensors for the same or being dirty.
Check the battery contact tabs for corrosion and security.
If your helmet is more than 3 years old it may be time for a new one.
I had a WIA (equivalent to a low end miller) helmet do the same to me and it was the actual LCD unit delaminating, 4 years old, but we have warm temperatures here and high humidity.
Good luck with it.
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....