General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
jauguston
    Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:28 pm

I have aquired a Smith Proportional Mixer but it is a Argon/CO2 model. It seems most of them that come up cheap are this model. I have done some research and found that it will work for Argon/Helium as well. The mixing proportion settings are entirely different. I have contacted the tech support for them that is now part of Miller. They were very helpful and told me there was a chart available that gave the mix settings for Helium using the numbers on the CO2 mixing dial. They e-mailed the chart to me. If any of you have a Argon/CO2 model or find one and would like a copy let me know and I can send you one.

Jim A
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Is it the same one as in the owners manual?
If it's more complete, I'd like to have a copy.
Be sure you use the right kind of PSI gauges and not CFH flow ones.
jauguston

I don't have a manual so I don't know if it is like anything in the manual. It is identified as "Conversion Chart Mixer Model # 299-006-1B.

For example it says for a 25% Helium mix the mix setting should be 9.2. For a 50% mix the setting should be 23.2.

Send me your e-mail address if you want a copy.

I have the correct gauges.

jauguston@msn.com
jauguston

Southpaw,

Its on its way -----I think.

Jim
soutthpaw

jauguston wrote:Southpaw,

Its on its way -----I think.

Jim
Didn't get any email.
jauguston

Southpaw,

I sent it to the weldforum_team address you used to contact me and it went through. It didn't bounce. Do you have another address I can try?

Jim
soutthpaw

I sent it to the weldforum_team address you used to contact me and it went through. It didn't bounce. Do you have another address I can try?

Jim
edited, removed email address
Last edited by soutthpaw on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jauguston

Southpaw,

On the way again (-:

Jim
soutthpaw

On the way again (-:

Jim
Or not, heh.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Y'all do know, you can send private messages within this forum, don't you?

Click the username of the person you're intending to send to; it will take you to their profile. Scroll down to the heading "contact so-and-so", and you can choose to send an e-mail to the person's address as listed with the forum, or send a private message directly on the forum to that username.

Private messages are just that, to us moderators. We cannot see them. I suppose the founding admins might be able to see them if there were a reason to look.

Steve S
jauguston

Otto,

I am aware of the PM function on the forum. Unfortunatly I am not computer literate enough to figure how to get a PDF file our of the e-mail from the Miller/Smith tech and then transfer it to a outgoing PM to a Forum. Way above my pay grade for a 76 year old guy. He sent me a traditional e-mail address that I have sent the file to twice. My computer shows the e-mails have gone through with no e-mail failed notice coming backs. I have run out of ideas.

If you have a e-mail address you want to send me I will try to send it to you or if you want to send me a mailing address I will be happy to print a few copies of it and mail them to you.
jauguston@msn.com

Update- I just sent the file the third time to the email address he gave me but this time I also sent it to myself. I got it right away.

If all else fails, send me a copy at sgfav8r@hotmail.com

I'll try to forward it, and failing that I'll convert it to a JPEG and send it as a picture.

Steve S
jauguston

Steve,

Sent it to you at 8:28. So far it has'nt bounced.

Jim the dummy (-:

Got it, Jim.

I've converted it to JPEG. I'll try to post it here...
Mixer conversion chart..jpg
Mixer conversion chart..jpg (107.5 KiB) Viewed 1620 times

Cool. That worked.

I'll send soutthpaw a copy.

Steve S
soutthpaw

Thanks to both of you