General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
NYWELDERJim
    Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 am

Hello guys,

Anyone have an experience with Certiflat welding tables from a company called Tab and Slot? Link to their site attached below. They require DIY welding to assemble and look like a sturdy design.
weldtables.com/.../copy-of-3x4-large-heavy-duty-welding-table-top-kit- certiflat-by-tab-slot-u-weld

Thanks!!!

Jim
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

It would be very difficult to assess a company
that has been in business for less than a year. :?

Tab and Slot, LLC© 2015
24760 Ulysses Ct. NE
Isanti, Minnesota 55040
Tel: (651) 800-4877
Text: (651) 800-4877
Fax: (651) 389-9300
E-mail: Admin@TabandSlot.com
NYWELDERJim wrote:Hello guys, Anyone have an experience with Certiflat welding tables from a company called Tab and Slot? Link to their site attached below. They require DIY welding to assemble and look like a sturdy design.
weldtables.com/.../copy-of-3x4-large-heavy-duty-welding-table-top-kit- certiflat-by-tab-slot-u-weld Thanks!!! Jim
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I don't see on there web site the specs for the table. Like how thick are the tops. It looks like there are lots of interlocking pieces that should give it lots of strength but it might be a challenge to not warp it as you weld it together.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Poland308 wrote:I don't see on there web site the specs for the table. Like how thick are the tops. It looks like there are lots of interlocking pieces that should give it lots of strength but it might be a challenge to not warp it as you weld it together.
Pro Series Table Kits are build from tough 3/16" Hot Rolled Pickled & Oiled Steel using state of the art CNC Laser Cutting technology for an exceptional fit-up. (copied from web site)

Video says 3/16 thick top, I think it is all 3/16
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
Poland308

3/16 will probably make a solid table. I'd go slow on the assembly process to make sure it stays flat. I saw a guy warp a 8in x 8 in x 1/2in mounting plate by welding a 2x2x1/4 square tube in the center.

Josh
Poland308

You may try a farm or shop auction. Sometimes you get lucky and find one no one else wants to haul away.

Josh
NYWELDERJim
    Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 am

Thanks folks, I am looking and shopping around for a good table. Trouble is i am running out of room in my tiny shop and having no luck converting the living room into a living shop.

Jim
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Did you ever find this video on YouTube?
I stumbled across it today while looking for something else, and it's the review from an owner who bought a couple of the heavier tables (1/4" steel from his comments) , and filmed the process of assembling the second one.

https://youtu.be/31L4VTfFH1A
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.

hey_allen wrote:Did you ever find this video on YouTube?
I stumbled across it today while looking for something else, and it's the review from an owner who bought a couple of the heavier tables (1/4" steel from his comments) , and filmed the process of assembling the second one.

https://youtu.be/31L4VTfFH1A
Great find, I recommend visiting their website as well. http://weldtables.com/
Richard
Website