General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
UV Metal Arts
    Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 pm

sozUARllQYk
This is my 3rd video on youtube, so I would appreciate any advice or criticisms.
Thanks
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

nice bit of information
thanks for sharing
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I like it.

I've done many similar things, including modifying the HF clamps for specific purposes (hey, they're cheap enough, so cut 'em up and make 'em work).

If you're seeking critique about the video itself, many of your still-shots are longer than needed to get the point across. Not an annoyance at all, but had you held all the still shots/freeze-frames to four seconds or less, you'd have improved the continuity. You have a good voice for this. A little attention to working your voice to the message will help hold interest. (A bit more enunciation; Emphasis where needed. Think like the guy selling the ShamWow, and dial it back to five.)

Steve S
UV Metal Arts
    Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:I like it.

I've done many similar things, including modifying the HF clamps for specific purposes (hey, they're cheap enough, so cut 'em up and make 'em work).

If you're seeking critique about the video itself, many of your still-shots are longer than needed to get the point across. Not an annoyance at all, but had you held all the still shots/freeze-frames to four seconds or less, you'd have improved the continuity. You have a good voice for this. A little attention to working your voice to the message will help hold interest. (A bit more enunciation; Emphasis where needed. Think like the guy selling the ShamWow, and dial it back to five.)

Steve S
Thanks, you're the first person to give me a critique, I appreciate your advise, it's very useful.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

My pleasure.

I've been asked more times than I can count if I'm "on the radio", for my voice, vocabulary, and enunciation. I narrowly avoided a fight in Ferguson, MO, many years ago because my name was almost identical to a local sports "pundit" (asshole), and I sounded like him.

You have the voice. Work it.

Steve S
danielbuck
    Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:56 pm

The Hanson 'automatic' clamps are great! They do indeed often need two hands to close them, But they are quick, which is what I like. I've got two of the automatic clamps, and I grab them first almost every time. Thinking about picking up a pair of their auto adjusting pliers too.

I've not modified to many, but I do have these for my drill press

motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Daniel
nice
i so like simple!
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil