General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Anybody have experience with these? I've heard some good reviews about these helmets, but wanted some more opinions. I'm looking at the CSV mostly, but also kind of interested in the Digital. However, the CSV is the only one with the 1,1,1,1 rating... Can anyone tell me what color the lens is in a darkened state, and if it is comparable to a Lincoln Supervis lens or a gold lens?
arkie7671
    Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:15 pm

Santa Claus brought me one. love it so far
JimboTN
    Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:34 pm

I had been looking to add cheaters to one or all of my welding helmets but heard about the CSV and ordered one.
Long story short...all my OTHER helmets are for helpers, visitors, onlookers...the CSV is mine! Great improvement over the Harbor Freight, Northern Tool auto-darkeners AND the Pipeliner with the gold lens AND the Large View Fibre-Metal Tigerhood 990 and Flip Filter - Forney 55800.
ONE CAUTION: I taped the switch inside the hood to WELD to prevent EVER using the grind mode again. Grind mode worked great and I'd use it again if I hadn't forgot to make the switch and flashed myself BIG-TIME when I arced after grinding and forgot to switch modes...YIKES that was bright! :o
JimboTN
Always in a "Volunteer State" of mind
Fisher of Men, Hunter of Coyotes
    Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:19 pm

JimboTN wrote:I had been looking to add cheaters to one or all of my welding helmets but heard about the CSV and ordered one.
Long story short...all my OTHER helmets are for helpers, visitors, onlookers...the CSV is mine! Great improvement over the Harbor Freight, Northern Tool auto-darkeners AND the Pipeliner with the gold lens AND the Large View Fibre-Metal Tigerhood 990 and Flip Filter - Forney 55800.
ONE CAUTION: I taped the switch inside the hood to WELD to prevent EVER using the grind mode again. Grind mode worked great and I'd use it again if I hadn't forgot to make the switch and flashed myself BIG-TIME when I arced after grinding and forgot to switch modes...YIKES that was bright! :o
Better than the gold lens!? lol that's good to hear!
I've flashed myself more times than I'd like to count with my old auto-off Miller... :lol:
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Lanse's review. :arrow:

Looks like a good value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chcc3aM9ts4
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024