General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
racer34
    Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:35 am

I have a problem with my argon hose getting hot and melting inside my tig handle. the tig gun is a ck 17 air cooled. im was only using about 120 amps. then all of a sudden it started welding dirty and found the hose melted off the nipple inside the handle. its an easy fix but its happened several times. the argon hose is some kind of hard plastic. any info on a permanent fix. tired of stopping every ten minutes to fix it.
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Sounds like hose not rated for amperage. Have you considered the flex hose. I use CK torches from HTP usaweld.com with the flex hose. I have ck 17 from them that I use 125 to 135 amps at quite a bit. Maybe call them they could hook you up with what you need. They are real helpful you can tell them what you got and what the problem is sure they will find you a solution.
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Like dirtmidget33 says
Torch amp rating,when pushing max amp rate may have to incease gas flow to cool.
torch max amp rate/duty cycle
if within parameters may be a fault inside torch resisting proper gas/cooling flow
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)