General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Alright guys today is the day. My Everlast let me down. Everlast Super Ultra 205 tig stick plasma. I finally wired in 220 to our building and hooked it up. It worked perfect all day. I fired it up and went to cut with plasma and it arced one time and died. No power at the terminals. The machine has power, the fan runs it adjust everything works except the weld leads. What may have happened?
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

mcoe wrote:Alright guys today is the day. My Everlast let me down. Everlast Super Ultra 205 tig stick plasma. I finally wired in 220 to our building and hooked it up. It worked perfect all day. I fired it up and went to cut with plasma and it arced one time and died. No power at the terminals. The machine has power, the fan runs it adjust everything works except the weld leads. What may have happened?

That Sucks Matt!!!

Did you call or email Everlast??

Mark
performance@everlastwelders.com
http://www.everlastgenerators.com
http://www.everlastwelders.com
877-755-9353 x204
M-F 9am - 5pm EST
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Negativ3
    Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:25 am

mcoe wrote:Alright guys today is the day. My Everlast let me down. Everlast Super Ultra 205 tig stick plasma. I finally wired in 220 to our building and hooked it up. It worked perfect all day. I fired it up and went to cut with plasma and it arced one time and died. No power at the terminals. The machine has power, the fan runs it adjust everything works except the weld leads. What may have happened?
Possibly the torch switch wire has become disconnected inside the torch?
Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding is my personal signature dish.
Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Negativ3 wrote:
Possibly the torch switch wire has become disconnected inside the torch?
I tore the switch apart looking for a loose connection. I hooked the tig torch up and had no fire. I hooked the stinger up and tapped the electrode on the ground clamp and it wouldn't spark. I have no power at all at the leads.

John, it happened last night so I am waiting till tomorrow to call since they are closed on the weekends.
Matt
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Check the power supply to the welder itself. You may have lost one of the legs on your 220.
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
    Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:42 am

Bummer, probably closed tomorrow also.... Labor day.

I know it is killing me. Our business is depending on this machine. We have more orders than we know what to do with. We still have Hobart mig and Lincoln stick but not our tig stick plasma machine. All of our orders either need tig welded or plasma cut. We can still do our horseshoe art but not our major seller, plasma art. We were looking at buying a separate tig and separate plasma machine and I think we cursed ourselves by looking. :)
Matt

Best of luck to you Matt.
We'll see how good that 5 yr warranty is.... :roll:

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Here is the thing. I just hooked it up to 110 again and it works perfectly. I just wired it in to 220 yesterday and it worked fine until it pooped itself. I hook it to 220 and it turns on but doesn't arc but 110 it works fine. Here is the mystery. The old Lincoln won't even turn on now wired on the same circuit. Any ideas now. :?:
Matt
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Did you check for 240 volts coming out of the wall plug?

When you wired the 240v circuit, did you use two 120v breakers, or a single lever 240v breaker?

I only ask because if you used two separate breakers one could be not working or tripped.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
coldman
  • coldman

Who did the wiring? Sounds to me lile you have a faulty connection somewhere in the circuit maybe the neutral and not letting enough current through. I think your welding power sources are ok. Get an electrician in to check it out.

Here is the update. We ran a brand new wire from the meter box to the building breaker box put a new breaker in and new receptacle and still no 220.
Matt
coldman
  • coldman

So you have run a new wire to the 220 breaker. Have you also made neutral and earth connections?
If the answer is yes and you did the work yourself (not an electrician) then most likely one of the connections is faulty. Inspect each one and make sure the tightening screw is on bare wire not wire insulation. This happens alot.

I chased every single wire 5 times and every one is tight and hooked up right. We can only guess that there is something inside the machine that is messed up.
Matt
coldman
  • coldman

I think it unlikely that both the hobart and green became faulty together. Maybe you have a faulty breaker or local isolator. Do you have a multimeter that you can trace voltage to where it stops?
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

mcoe wrote:I chased every single wire 5 times and every one is tight and hooked up right. We can only guess that there is something inside the machine that is messed up.
Wow, not sure if I want a machine that requires me chasing the wires :lol:
-Jonathan
coldman
  • coldman

The other thing to check is that you have not swapped active for neutral at your power point by mistake.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Some more clues, please: you said 'the machine worked on 220' until you used the plasma. The TIG welder worked on 220 until you tried the plasma, then both the plasma and the welder were down, then the welder worked on 110. Is that correct?

Can you TIG on 110 to get some of those orders out?
Dave
aka "RTFM"
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

I've had a breaker go bad where you got the 220 volts but the appliance would not work. I know that you already changed the breaker but just looking at possibilities.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Matt,
You need to see if there is power coming from the meter socket and work your way through until you find where the power stops. You could have lost one leg from the transformer, it's rare but it happens. If you can verify power up to the welder itself, then you know it's the welder. You can buy a cheap multimeter at any hardware or even a Sears or HF.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Jonathan, that power cord runs away so you have to chase it. Everyone else, I hooked up the 220 and only ran the plasma. It worked fine all day, I shut it down went to town for about an hour came back hit the torch switch and the pilot arc popped one time and that was it. The air solenoid still works, the fan runs, the display works just no power at the leads. I have a multi meter and checked every connection and receptacle. I know I am getting 220 because my lincoln will start and weld just fine so I say it is in the machine.
Matt

coldman wrote:I think it unlikely that both the hobart and green became faulty together. Maybe you have a faulty breaker or local isolator. Do you have a multimeter that you can trace voltage to where it stops?
My hobart works but it is a 110 machine. My Lincoln works but it has a different plug end so I can't hook it to my outlet in my building and I cant hook my machine in the outlet in the other building for the same reason.
Matt

mcoe wrote:
coldman wrote:I think it unlikely that both the hobart and green became faulty together. Maybe you have a faulty breaker or local isolator. Do you have a multimeter that you can trace voltage to where it stops?
My hobart works but it is a 110 machine. My Lincoln works but it has a different plug end so I can't hook it to my outlet in my building and I cant hook my machine in the outlet in the other building for the same reason.

You have a Ez-Tig right??

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

No Handler 140. I ran the ez tig at college all the time.
Matt
coldman
  • coldman

Well, if you're getting 220 at the machine and solenoid works that means you have an everlast problem. Over to them now.