General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
jcvweldinspect
    Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:38 pm

I see Lincoln makes a Ni99 filler, for welding cast, I was just wondering if anyone has tried this before or if their is a better option for mig wire. I would think this would be close to the same as using Ni99 stick, or the Ni 55. Just looking at some new options. Plus it would mean a lot less waste of filler if it works well compared to stick. I would like to see a video on this if it works.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I have read about the mig Ni99 and hear it works well. I too would like to give it a shot as I get my fair share of cast repairs. I am going up to Lincoln on Thursday, if I get a chance I will see if I can get a sample spool and see how it works.
-Jonathan
JDIGGS82
    Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Can I come to Lincoln with you lol sounds fun
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Drive on up, we might bore you though :(
If all goes well I will be ordering two mig orbital welding systems and a semi-automatic STT set up, keep your fingers crossed. Imagine the threads we can start with that equipment!!
-Jonathan
JDIGGS82
    Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:46 pm

I want to be as far away from my shop as possible Thursday lol we have the hot rod power tour coming through then and Friday us welders have to work lol everyone else gets to putz around and help with crowd control 1200 cars they are expecting but they want them to see us working when they tour the shop would def be some cool threads