General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
racer34
    Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:35 am

just received one for Christmas just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on them. besides being overpriced I know nothing about them accept what the snap -on rep told me.
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Don't know anyone that has one but...here it is in there catalog if I have the right one; http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp ... ir=catalog

It seems to be fairly adjustable though their descriptions of those controls are rather vague at best.
Whoever gave this to you probably got one that "fell off a truck" somewhere. I mean come on, who hands out a $5800 (that looks like a $2000 ESAB or Sealey to me) welder to a friend for a Christmas present...and the foot control is an option?

It's pretty light duty but maybe that's all you need.

ps. just found the owners manual online if you need it. http://www.800abcweld.com/pdf/tig150i_owners_manual.pdf
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Man, $5800 bucks for that little welder???? :shock:
You could get setup with a Dynasty 200DX for about $4000 bucks, and that's about 3 times the welder that Snap-On Is.......
That Snap-On is one overpriced welder!!!! :o
A Lincoln Invertec V205S set-up runs about $4500 bucks and its a way better machine than that Snap-On

Just my $00.2

John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
racer34
    Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:35 am

I know ,I know they are over priced but I didn't pay full pop for it ,I paid 2200. still I think thats top of the mark for that size welder. now that we all agree that its over priced, is it any good? and has anyone used one?
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

I would imagine, that they would be a good welder :)

"Hopefully" it lasts a long time

I'm sure its a cool little welder,

But not $5800 cool..... :(

3 cents

John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
VooDoo
    Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:54 am

http://www.cebora.it/art_364_presentazione_prod_uk.html

Made by cebora, pretty ok italian welder. i would say its something like 2000-2500bucks new
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Same welder, but who one earth thinks its okay to add 3grand to the price, for a name?
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:Same welder, but who one earth thinks its okay to add 3grand to the price, for a name?
You must not have Snap-on tools down under. They're good tools but you get "bent over" at the cash register for them.

Len- try some of the autobody shops around your area. Snap-on tries to pedal these to those types of applications.
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.