General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Multiplaz N.A.
    Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:40 pm

I have been recently introduced to this site, as I was told about Larry Lee's evaluation.

I must say it is very lively, excited and very civil as others have commented.

Introducing a new product into an industry such as Welding and Cutting, with a low rate of new technology coming through has been very interesting indeed.
I would hope that good professional people such as the ones on this site continue to bring forth their observations and critiques, as this is the only way a technology can improve and evolve to give the users what is needed. The very comments allow for more drive to achieve results. Every comment is considered and worked upon personally by our teams.

As to Mr. Lee's final observation, and subsequent comments from users Werkspace and Billbong, I would like to say in the spirit of "managing expectations"; that the Multiplaz 3500 watt system has small horsepower, so the pounds per inch pressure achieved can not be compared to a large dedicated plasma cutting system's larger horsepower with expection of same results. A user will need to apply some technique to get the system to blow out the metal for a cleaner plasma cut. Here at Multiplaz N.A., we have found that you get a 90% better cut on stainless steel ultilizing the same 70% diluted alcohol mixture that you weld stainless steel with.

Thank you from Multiplaz N.A., and on behalf of Multiplaz Moscow R&D and Multiplaz Shenzen Manufacturing and Distribution offices.

Patricia Lewis-Hansen, CEO Multiplaz N.A. :idea:
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Welcome to the forum, Patricia.
There are folks here that would like to learn more about your product.

Jody Collier hosts this website
and provides fantastic welding tips and tricks to help aspiring welders.
Also, honest evaluations of welding equipment. (Available on DVD)
https://www.youtube.com/user/weldingtip ... eos?view=0
With over 14 million online views, his youtube videos are becoming very popular.

It would be great if Jody got a chance to evaluate your product on youtube.
I've bought all of Jody's DVDs and TIG finger, and I've bought your MultiPlaz welder.
I highly recommend all of these products and I'm glad that you found your way to this forum.
Multiplaz N.A. wrote:I have been recently introduced to this site, as I was told about Larry Lee's evaluation.

I must say it is very lively, excited and very civil as others have commented.

Introducing a new product into an industry such as Welding and Cutting, with a low rate of new technology coming through has been very interesting indeed.
I would hope that good professional people such as the ones on this site continue to bring forth their observations and critiques, as this is the only way a technology can improve and evolve to give the users what is needed. The very comments allow for more drive to achieve results. Every comment is considered and worked upon personally by our teams.

As to Mr. Lee's final observation, and subsequent comments from users Werkspace and Billbong, I would like to say in the spirit of "managing expectations"; that the Multiplaz 3500 watt system has small horsepower, so the pounds per inch pressure achieved can not be compared to a large dedicated plasma cutting system's larger horsepower with expection of same results. A user will need to apply some technique to get the system to blow out the metal for a cleaner plasma cut. Here at Multiplaz N.A., we have found that you get a 90% better cut on stainless steel ultilizing the same 70% diluted alcohol mixture that you weld stainless steel with.

Thank you from Multiplaz N.A., and on behalf of Multiplaz Moscow R&D and Multiplaz Shenzen Manufacturing and Distribution offices.

Patricia Lewis-Hansen, CEO Multiplaz N.A. :idea:
BoomerToo
    Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi All
Any videos on the plasma cutting on stainless with with the welding mix?
If I could just see a cleaner cut on the stainless I would buy me one of these !
Billbong
    Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:28 am

Hi, if all you want to do is cut stainless you are wasting your time....you need to get a hands on trialing to decide if it's for you.

The unit does not have the power or capability of a regular Plasma cutter with compressed air, it is mainly a welder that can do some cutting when needed.

It can cut a huge variety of metals and also non metals like glass, ceramics and tiles etc, and if you want to weld big time go get a demo set up and have a go.

BTW, if you're thinking of thinner metals then it works hands down, but thicker stuff is another matter.

I bought the unit purely to do welding, and at the demo I used it to cut 6mm alluminium, 6mm stainless and some 3mm sheet steel just to see how it went, but apart from that I haven't used my unit to do any cutting at all.
Ian.
BoomerToo
    Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks Billbong
Just curious , have you tried and found that you get a 90% better cut on stainless steel ultilizing the same 70% diluted alcohol mixture that you weld the stainless steel with? This was stated by the multiplaz rep and prez in a previous post?
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

I'm also not too impressed with the cutting capability of the MultiPlaz.
It works, but nowhere near as fast as my Everlast Plasma cutter.
http://www.everlastwelders.ca/multi-pur ... ro-205.php

I like the MultiPlaz as a welder though, I weld in the basement of my house.
My neighbors and friends are amazed that they can't smell any fumes.

A few weeks ago,
I contacted Patricia for some spare parts for my MultiPlaz.
(I managed to break the plastic screw for the cathode rod holder.)
They have made a stronger replacement and are sending it to me.

If you have any questions from the North American main office,
they can be reached at.

Patricia Lewis-Hansen
CEO, N.A. Operations
Multiplaz, LLC

1625 17th St.
Suite 5
Santa Monica, CA. 90404
310-314-5551 fax: 310-314-5554

plhansen@multiplaz.com