General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Gumby
    Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Starting a 7 month course on welding at my college on monday the 4th.

Did very little welding before this, but i need a trade being 28 years old. sooooo tips?

i bookmarked the youtube channel......
nickn372
    Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:35 am

What is the curriculum like? In my opinion the best way to learn puddle control is to learn oxy fuel welding. Hopefully they teach you that. Other than that be a sponge and soak up as much as possible and practice practice practice.
Be the monkey....
Alexa
    Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:07 am

Gumby.
Why did you choose welding?
What were your preferred previous occupations?
Alexa
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

My oxy fuel welding skills made learning TIG welding easy. I think of TIG as an electric flame instead of a gas flame.
nickn372 wrote:What is the curriculum like? In my opinion the best way to learn puddle control is to learn oxy fuel welding. Hopefully they teach you that. Other than that be a sponge and soak up as much as possible and practice practice practice.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Werkspace is right.

Knowing how to oxy-fuel weld made learning TIG easier.
Mrkil
    Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:04 pm

I'm in the middle of my course now.
We didn't do any torch welding only cutting.

We are doing all position stick becore flux core then Mig and finish with tig.
I think getting all positions with stick has made mig and flux core a breeze. I haven't done any tig yet but I can't wait. I'm having a blast.

Just make sure to ask lots of questions. I find it really helps with getting all the needed information to help succeed.