General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.

I just wanted to brag about the auction I won on E-Bay last night ... a Thermal Arts Design access #2 open hearth gas forge ... this company is here in Oregon about a 100 miles from where we live ... this is the second time I've tried to get one of there forges on E-Bay... this time I was smart and waited until the last 30 seconds to make my bid ... I got it for $256 and it normally sells for $401
Attachments
Access #2 thermal arts design forge.jpg
Access #2 thermal arts design forge.jpg (11.16 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
... going as fast as I can with one eye closed.
Everlast Powertig 200DX
Miller Thunderbolt 225
Lincoln 180c Mig
Hobart Handler 125
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Is that Propane/Nat. gas fueled?

It's a nice simple design and looks slick.

Give us a performance review, please!

Steve S
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Very Nice!

Looking forward to your review.

Other Steve
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder

It's propane ... should arrive by the 8th … never used a forge before so it will be a learning experience. I never welded before buying my first stick welder … never had any lessons but now I can do stick, mig and tig … steel to aluminum so I am capable of learning by trial and error … I was just so grateful I discovered WT&T.com … Jody has saved me a lot of hair pulling (and burned fingers :lol: ). I have been watching a lot of blacksmith vids so I’m getting anxious about working with a forge … it will take me a while I’m sure but I’ll be happy to share my experiences with the fine people on this forum, once I no longer look like a total noob.
Everlast Powertig 200DX
Miller Thunderbolt 225
Lincoln 180c Mig
Hobart Handler 125

Used the forge yesterday for the first time ... works really awesome!
Attachments
shop upgrade with forge.jpg
shop upgrade with forge.jpg (177.57 KiB) Viewed 1374 times
Everlast Powertig 200DX
Miller Thunderbolt 225
Lincoln 180c Mig
Hobart Handler 125
Billbong
    Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:28 am

Hi, Love the photo of the ladder, and the racks, the Argon bottle too, including the fan, and the Hobart welder is really cool.....where's the George Foreman sandwich press, I mean forge....LOL?

I see some bent metal in the vice......did you break it already?...only joking.
Ian
Duhhhh, Silly old me, the picture was so big I didn't realise I had to scroll around it to get the complete picture.....got it all now.

Sorry it took me so long to reply ... been real busy ... No i didn't break it ... yet lol. Just made another video this morning thought I would share it http://youtu.be/PA5wGX3lsc0 :mrgreen:
Everlast Powertig 200DX
Miller Thunderbolt 225
Lincoln 180c Mig
Hobart Handler 125